Monday, October 15, 2012

Necessities of Survival

To survive the most vital thing that I would need would be Water. That is the most essential thing to have, you can go the longest on water alone than any other substance. Water keeps you hydrated and depending on what setting I would need to survive in, it would be the first thing I look for if ever stranded. Also, water for cleanliness would be needed.




Shelter of some sort would also be needed to protect from harmful animals or storms; kind of like a place of refuge. A cave could help from storms or a place underneath the ground. Shelter is vital because it is where you do the resting, sleeping and possibly cooking of animals. Especially if well hidden, it may not be seen by others who may be trying to harm or even kill me.







When stranded on an unfamiliar place with possible unfamiliar creatures, it is best to have at least one type of weapon to ward off any top predators and to hunt for your own prey. I know for me this would be important because I love food and would hate to starve. Thinking previously of strategies to not rub away scent would cause for good memory. No panicking is a rule that I would need time to adapt to but would help if a predator came looking for me.



I would find a way of contacting persons to let them know where you are and giving them a better chance at finding you. For example, if a plane where to crash, using the planes contact technology to emergency people who would then come for you. Or, if stranded on an island making a fire ( any type of signal) to send a distress call in.

Lastly, just learning to adapt in general can be a difference of life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment